wait, i can do this.... sorry what was i supposed to do again?

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jungles and me....

So yesterday rite... i went jungle trekking. been trekking the same track 3 times now. But yesterday was... okay, i wont say it annoying... it was challenging... somewhat. Since it has been raining almost everyday for a week, and including the morning i went for trekking, the track was actually very slippery, and usually id wear boots for my trekking, but that yesterday i was already somewhat late, hence needed to rush and had no time to put on those boots. had to wear my sneakers instead.

So yes... as i was trekking in the jungles, yesterday i became the sweeper so didnt really mind since i was familiar, and it gave me more time alone... as long as i didnt get lost, im cool. but anyway, the tracked passed through a very small stream, and what really kinda caught my attention was in that very small river, on top of a hill, were SOOO many prawns. im like... how the hell they get up here really?? and then there was an ikan keli my colleague pointed out that i missed. again... i asked myself... how the hell did they get up here? then after waiting til i was alone to walk again, i asked myself... well yes of course actually I've been asking this question a long time ago, now it bugged me again.

So, how does a pond, or a stream directly from a well, have fish in it??? like dude.. seriously??HOW?? okay, I've been told that pond in golf courses, usually some buddhist monks would put fish in it to let it free or something... for what reason i dont know. but how bout those ponds that doesnt have any tamper with humans? how'd fish come out from it... out of no where? they dont just fall from the rain rite? like... they're eggs are just way... waaaaay to heavy to be evaporated along with water and dropped down along with the rain. They didnt evolve from insects into fish. nopes.. not even from snakes. so how the hell does these prawns and fish appear out of no where??? SERIOUSLY??

trekking down memory lane....

As i was trekking last nite, i was trying to remember when did i first do my trekking. and i remembered that it was actually an unplanned one. i was probably primary 2 or 3, and my mom, at that time a lecturer, brought her students somewhere between Papar and Kinarut (my semenanjung friends, its in Sabah), the place if im not mistaken was pantai manis. So my dad, my cousin and i went to fish somewhere instead of hanging out just watching university students have fun and being all lovey dovey with the uuuss and aaass and all. so, initially i cant really recall, but there were rocks, and the river was quite murky. and my cousin caught a catfish. a big one. he let it go coz the family aren't really into ikan air tawar... or some might say ikan darat, or non-saltwater fish (i know there's an english name for these but i just CANT remember!!).

So after that, my cousin and my dad decided to try look for a better spot. so we had to trail along the river, that really has NO trail at all... and my dad told me to take off my shoes because it was just really slipper and dangerous. so i did what he said, and walk on the rocks barefooted like the both of them did. little that i know, since we were trailing down the river, the rocks we stepped on eventually had barnacles on it. and first cut it really hurt, and plus... the water got saltier every moment. so you know how it feels rite? and as we approached the oceans, the cut just really multiplied, and wow... it HURTS. we tried to look for the best part to fish but in the end, we just decided to go to the ocean and cast our rods there. everybody went shirtless since we were waist deep in the ocean. well i was... since i was like 2 feet god knows then. it was difficult really bleeding all over my feet.. initially. but then when we all started to fish, and i actually caught my first fish ever there. with my dad. hmmm. after the trip, my feet still stings, and i walked like i just stepped barefooted on a field of durians.

but in all the pain, and the challenging track that i went through with my dad and my cousin, i actually had fun. and i'll always remember that place when i pass by to go back to my dad's kampung. and most of all... it was my first fishing trip with my dad. caught my first fish... it was small, and butt ugly... but it was yummy... i think. i didnt really care. it was my first fish. it was... great. really. wonder if i ever thanked my dad for that experience.

well... in the words of Ozzy Osbourne in the reality show, the Osbourns show, on the episode where he took his son jack to fish for the first time at a very very old age... 'You're not a complete dad if you don't take your son fishing at least once....' something like that la... but you know what... as fucked up as i think the old guy is... I have to agree with Ozzy. my dad did... and hopefully if i have a son, i'd do the same thing for him... assuming that there are still fishes in this world at that time. even if there isnt any, im just gonna take him to cast rods and tell him how it felt like to fish for the first time.

good times it was... good times.....

3 comments:

ultimatecass said...

fishing? jungle trekking? being all dirty n smelly with all that mud.. eyeww.. so not cool.. *snort* hahahaha

Anonymous said...

aku rasa ikan tu dia datang dari laut la ipeng. dia naik upstream dari laut kot. mungkin sebab diorang tak puas hati dgn birokrasi kat laut. pastu diorang berhijrah ke sungai lak.

entah le

Anonymous said...

complete me