wait, i can do this.... sorry what was i supposed to do again?

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Oh baaarbara daaahling, you look beauuuuutiful today (in total snobbish accent)....

Okay... so seminggu lebih tak update. 'sibuk' laaa katakan. chet atiee. okay i wanted to write something on sunday, but fell asleep. didnt like to write on a weekday. hence carried on till today. but to my frequent readers... my bad.

Well anyway, this week was an interesting week for me. busy, hectic week, with some interesting twists in it. however... im not a person who tells my single life in every detail. hehehe. i just like to observe, and things i think i can tell for the benefit of others. but occasionally there are some slips. hehe.

so... earlier this week... I attended this one course... perhaps one of the coolest course I've ever attended. it's part of this something like Quality Leader Development thingy. yeaps... to whom are so used to this term... it may be quite cheesy and typical. nevertheless... i had great fun.

basically the course was on corporate image and grooming or something like that lah. so basically i had to learn the proper corporate way of dressing up and what not. with how to match tie and shirt, how you greet people, how to treat a lady and BE a gentlemen and also how to do fine dining. so basically its something to add class and quality in a person. hence going through the course was awesome. the actual position of the spoon on the dining table, you actually scoop the spoon away from you, NEVER dip your meal in your soup bla bla bla.

Here's my god knows how many cents on it. personally... i think it was a good course to unwind from my work. But to say it didnt have any effect at all on me... hmm actually... not yet. for those who have gone through this thing... where some people might call it very tedious way of eating (menyusahkan diri), my take is this... it WILL apply... later on in the future... maybe when you're sent by your company for a meeting, and then you are invited to a fine dining in the presence of the president or something. Or maybe just simply you'll be invited to my wedding with Siti Nurhaliza's daughter when i'm 44. So please, do learn this. hehehe.

but anyway, believe it or not, our malaysian people who were not exposed to this classy culture did so many faux pas (macam kesilapan laa to this culture), and the country/company sent complaints for the company to educate them. hence... just be reminded, you dont only represent yourself, but you also represent your company (regardless you love it or not), and also your country. but basically... yourself la.. tak malu ke nanti? so... if you havent attended such course, at least force yourself to meet others that can actually help you out.

Growing up... is sure damn hard....

To a serious note... i guess last nite... was one of the turning points of certain qualities in my life. thanks to my two friends/bandmates.

As i was having dinner with my friends... i got a text message from this guy... probably one of the snobbiest person I've ever met in my life. I've always had some vengeance on him due things he did to someone i cared about, plus the fact that he boasts all the time added the more reason to give him a swing. so you know how much i abhorred this guy.

when i read the text, the guy told me, he wants to pick me up, face to face, and settle things. i was like... wow... this is good chance. my adrenaline rush pumped me up until i was so restless. my two friends, one if probably one of the most sarcastic funny dude ive known, one really cool guy listened to what I had to say. the cool guy used to like to get into fights and all. but then... they both told me something i didnt see coming... it was actually a lot of talking la but to summarize it they said something like 'dude, we're all grown-up now. for REAL this time. you have a career, sooner or later you'll be married, and this time you really have a reputation to take care. When grown-ups fight... it either ends in jail, or death. but even if the guy doesnt die, puas hati pukul... that's it. but then, your reputation is tarnished. simple as that'.

I really had to soak it in for a while. I couldnt believe that I had to supress my ego. So my friends say, if the guy wants, come to their place tomorrow, sit down, and talk outside. they're not gonna interrupt, they're probably just gonna be asleep anyway in the morning. (yes.. the guy wanted to pick me up at 9am). he probably wants to have breakfast in the afternoon, and attend some function at night. oh well. but anyway, i thought why so? and the explanation was simple, two grown-up angry men, should not be left together. and they also kept telling me... down sink down to his level.

so basically, that's what i texted him... and after that my friends told me... if he comes and talk, he'll be screaming, he'll be pointing, he'll be rude... all you have to do, is calm down, and be a better person. and just say sorry even if you know you're right. in the end... he'd be the bad guy anyway. dont start flippin out, and just be patient. but if he starts, of course la i have to defend myself, then, keluarkan la silat, taekwondo, capoeira, kage bunshin no jutsu, rasengan yang ada my friend said. but they kept saying, dont go down to his level. you're a MAN, and adult now. and at the same time, my family was going through my head, my career progression, my reputation and it did made me think... a lot.

then comes in another text msg from him sarcastically implying that i'm a pussy to meet him and fight him in front of my friends. I was aggravated. really. for those who know me, when i'm pissed... i am. but then my cool friend... who used to love to get into fights and all, told me, 'i know its an insult man, but really, you're the better man so far, you didnt provoke him or anything, and better yet, he keeps provoking you to fight... so who's an adult now?'. damn... never knew that those words would come up from him. and really... it was the biggest challenge of the week for me. i really had to calm myself. it was difficult honestly. then, without my friends help... i sent him this txt msg 'if you wanna talk, meet me... and talk. just know i'm not going to fight. that's it. abis cerita. simple.' initially i wanted to say sarcastic stuff... of which i will not say la. but my friends kept telling me... hang in there. and i did.

in the end... he didnt wanna see me. that was it. my friends told me, you did the right thing. I drove back trying to figure out was it the rite thing. and told myself... 'wow... growing up sucks, and its difficult. never had to supress my ego that much'. yes... it was a challenge. there are other things that matter now... my friends, especially the mcgiffs, tonyokest girl in wichita, pilot brother in langkawi, my loving family, and my job... as much as i think i prefer to be somewhere else... which i know i'll be there sooner or later... at least i have a reputation to take care. if it was the right thing or not... ntah. did it feel good? ntah. but now i know i can bump into him, smile, knowing that, i'm a better man. i think. ntah. am i? man... growing up... is hard.

damn these things confuse me seriously... but i'm okay now. plus... the hotel actually made a mistake. the smallest fork on the left should actually be on the right. and the water will always always be at the tip of the knife of the main course. its a hotel here in the middle of no where. of course you cant expect them to be experienced in such classy thing except buffet eh?



my facis wanted me to give the speech of honor for the honored guests and all, last minute. well not last minute la, about 1 hour before the event. hence, its called extaremponues... aperntah... pegi mampus la nak eja camner. pandai korang la carik kat webster. sigh. ahah. i didnt do bad, just okay... so thank god....




What ever high class shiiite that is... salmon something (yes... i also found out officially... its a silent L. to Ms azu... if you're reading... hehe... yes... you're rite. brits... sigh... hehehe.)




me and my uniten mate/office mate/friend.... wow... i know her this long...



yepps... there goes my speech... and my hands... and yessss atieee... rambut i dah panjaaang. okay2... will cut it okay? its my holiday hair... sheeeeesh. heheheeh.


Oh I forgot to say... my cool faci is Dr Sher. some may know him from AF. dont jump into conclusions about him and his style. if you do... you just really dont know what you're talking about. :). a very cool guy, who i'd say i'm very happy to know, an honored to be a friend of him.

3 comments:

faidz said...

awww...sama cantik sama padan la! and i aint talking bout u n that girl.. hehe

Hippie Dude said...

hahaha. aper2 la dude. he's not what he seems though really, or what the gossips around the media world goes around. believe me.

confidence in yourself young padawan.... heh.

ultimatecass said...

dude.. ure so good la.. i dont even hv to say anything, u dah awal2 ada reply.. hahaha maka dengan itu, go cut ur hair!!! hahah