Never will i quit writing....
Ok, i was about to start to write, suddenly my friend switched on the Discovery Channel and showed this spider called the Portia Spider.she creeps in behind her preys silently which includes... other spiders!! and she's such a genius predator that she is able to deceive other spiders by plucking the spiders' web & imitate other spiders and also go incognito and just snaps the head off the spiders!! they move like ROBOTS!!! it was just soooo super cool.
okay... dah abis.
now random thoughts... to be frank, i dont really have any. all i know, it's been almost 2 months since i last updated. i hated every moment for not writing as its where i vent out, where i harness my creativity, where i voice out my opinion in my point view. writing makes me more articulate, sharper and yes, happier. which is why it is not a surprise that i love coming up with ideas of ads, scripts and movies. the thing about coming up with a movie script however, i never got to it. i write... but i never finish it. so, i've always been wondering what would be the best catalyst to write a script and be real disciplined to actually be consistently writing and finish it while... maintaining the story line.
i have yet to bump into such dedication. i think, part of it, is maybe due to being here in Bintulu, and i'm not able to enhance it to the optimum. weirdest thing is, it only starts to come out when im there with my friends and my wife. maybe... just maybe... they're my real catalyst. also.. TV. hehe. oh well.
Married Life... 2 months....
So yes... I'm married to my wife, Dayana Aishah, on the 30th of May 2009. Honestly, I have never thought, ever, in my life, I'd be so lucky to end up with someone whom i know, would take care of me, and making me a better person everyday, and especially patient with my weird shenanigans. and best thing is, being married is a totally whole different experience, understanding each other on a higher level, making each other better individuals and better for each other insya Allah.
One thing i must share, i know there are a lot of men and women here in Bintulu facing the same predicament having their spouses on another continent and only be able to see them only once in a while. i saw how they do it, i've always thought it was easy. but in actual fact, it is difficult. and yes, the ache when you leave your spouse when you're leaving far away for god knows how long, is much more difficult. Regardless... we take challenge as part of our challenge and He definitely has something stored for us.
Either way, I would like to thank you, again, to everyone, my two buds, Fifi and Foi, walaupun jarang jumpa, but they're still my friends nevertheless, the McGifferts, my RPI buds, Makcik Ati, who has been there for me, thick and thin and a huge part of my life for quite a while, my colleagues and friends in Sarawak who taught me to be a better adult as i grow older.
my family and friends i will always love....
my lovely wife, i love with all my heart... thank for loving me.
Honeymoon in Bali and Bandung....
yesss yess... i know its been quite a while, but yes, i went to Bali and Bandung for my honeymoon. i wont delve into it to details as, honestly there's just too much to talk about. but here's a flash of highlights that you should go through. and yes, I will rank it properly.
1. Uluwate Temple and Kecak Dance (it's a MUST! could actually be the highlight of the trip)
2. Spa. A LOT of Spa. trying do it in front of the paddy fields at Ubud. one word for the view, Breathtaking. wait a minute... is that two? or counts as one?
3. Try the Luwak Coffee. you gotta try the luwak coffee somewhere. not at shops or stalls. try it out at the coffee plantation itself. now that's cool.
4. Food. of course not the babi guling lah. there are some nice halal delicacies like the Sapi Dinding, otak sapi, and the sambel... bloody amazing.
5. Have a very chilled out dinner on Jimbaran Beach.
Things i would love to try but didnt manage to.
1. Check out Kuta at night.
2. travel to Tanah Lot
3. travel to Lake Tirta, supposedly the biggest temple there in Bali
4. body surf at Nusa Dua
5. More and more SPA.
I love this concept... the Elephant God with an Idea...
oh isteriku yang ranggi....
Guess what?? the yellow one is the Cow's brain... chewy, gamy, wont do it again though.
The beautiful view of Ulu Watu and the Annoying monkeys that I would like to slap silly....
1. Shop obviously
2. Shop for chips/crackers/dodols (try the pisang Salai. oh heavenly)
3. Stay in Sapulidi Resor
Things i would love to do but didnt manage to
1. Go to the Kawah Putih (something like that)
2. Go to Tangkuban Perahu
3. Pluck strawberries
Oh isteriku yang comel dan seksi....
Yes... that's the highlight of bali and bandung. it seems like there's nothing much, but honestly, it was worth every cent.
Also, it doesnt hurt to buy one Lonely Planet Travel guide. it helps... a LOT. hehe.
Next plan with my lovely wife...
1. Angkor Wat
2. Australia (either Melbourne or Gold Coast)
3. New Zealand (this is the ultimate dream)
6. France (another ultimate dream)
Niah after my honeymoon....
Finally, after being stuck here 3.5 years, i had my chance to go with a random group of strangers (excluding my schoolmate Bon and Chobie)
one thing i can say from that experience, regardless what a lot of people say... i thought it was just so effin cool. COOL. no wonder Batman wants to BE Batman. Not because bats are cool, or being dark is cool, or wearing a costume cool, it's just because caves are just sooooo soooooo cool.
the hike wasnt much compared to what i went through for mount kinabalu, but the view was nicely different. went into a huge cave, that definitely can fit a 737, smelt AND feel how Guano feels, saw a scorpion in the dark, and when we turn out the lights, everything is just soooo soooo pitched dark and scary and you wonder if you stayed just a bit longer, you'd turn into Gollum. that's how dark it was.
the cave's majestic size, color, darkness just completely absorbed me into the moment of when Batman just raised his arms and had all the bats fly around him. of course, i did not stupidly do that in the company of strangers. that would just as well be me dancing around like a sissy in the middle of KLCC. no no. i do that Batman thing in my own time... if that's not too much information, let me deviate you from the image of Vanessa Hudgens half naked currently being spread around the internet.
but anyway, back to the caves, did you know along the way to the caves, there were a LOT of rock formation between 1 meter to 4 meters high and these rocks looks like a maze around the area but you're not allowed to step off the bridged trail. It's something like a movie, i kept wondering what would happen if i went off the trail? would flying monkeys come and get me? i dont know. anyway, these rocks looked so cool like there were layers of it. and the coolest thing is, the tour guide told us that all of the rocks, the niah caves around us, millions of years ago, were all actually underwater. and those, are coral like fossils. yes. that's how it is. when i stepped into the caves as i was looking up, looking around, i cant help imagining how would everything look like if it was underwater, with all the fish, turtles, huge sea monsters and tiny divers swimming away for their lives. that was cool
another cool aspect of being in the caves were the drawing of the cavemen those days. there were skeptics from this guy from taiwan, and honestly i understand where is he coming from. the drawings were not protected properly like how in the western country they'd protect da vinci's and picasso's art. after god knows how 2 - 3 centuries, the art was slowly deteriorating, and scientists, researchers are doing their best to maintain the drawings. weirdly enough, in Niah cave, the drawings were only protected, get this... by a fence... so people wont touch em. like seriously... it doesnt really seem to make sense. but me, being patriotic, defended it with my life. haha. oh well.
another thought that comes into my mind... were about the cavemen. i wonder how much different were they from us? they probably have some parts of the cave that spells 'Apartment', another part of the cave that spells 'Projects/Ghetto'. and conversation they would have are something like 'Dude, check out the new waterhole i got from Caves are us. it's pretty cool, now i can have a party inside my own home!'.
Or something like, 'Danny, can you please pluck out the bird's nest for mummys kitchen? it's there behind the rocks.... no no son, not the rock with the bats on it, the one with the swallows, how many times i have to teach u?'.
and you never knew, the life of a bird's nest forager would be filled with malice, drama, murder, blood, lust and money. yes... as dramatic as it may sound, it's the real deal. it's gangsta shit going down there in the caves. in other words there's a whole totally whole DIFFERENT world in the caves. one day i'll have my own Batcave... or at least a Fortress of Solitude.
The old seabed....
caught someone making out... giggity....
This is where you start humming your Batman Theme and do a Joker laugh to add the eerie effect....
1. Michael Jackson's dead. yes... there goes an eccentric talent. the guy who revolutionized the music industry in so many different levels. Sadly, people are still circulating gossips, emails, true or not those stories are, people... PLEASE what is wrong with you... stop it already. let it be in peace
2. Yasmin Ahmad... passed away. another great talent. as much as you wonder what her past may be... also, let it go. she was a great talent that defied the odds, regardless how much it could actually generate public unrest. Al-Fatihah to her, and hopefully, another great talent will come soon and evolve Malaysian entertainment industry.
3. Kings of Leon... one word for it... AWESOME. They're just so cool, that they're out there. soooo out there. sometimes i wish their songs were playing when i was back in the states. have long hair, keep a thick mustache, drive with my windows down, smoke a cigarette, listening to the songs, while having my long soul searching roadtrips. Listen to it! you can also request is on weekdays 8pm - 12am at FlyFm from FlyFm DJs Hafiz and Basil. that's free advertising shit there yo.
4. Zee Avi... I'm proud to call malaysian. songs are soulful, chilled out, and boleh bawak tido. favorite songs so far, Kantoi, and First of the Gangs to Die... of course is however a cover.
5. Hari Raya is close. it's going to be my first hari raya in KL! hahah. this is gonna be an interesting experience. Puasa is coming soon, and i cant wait. need a lot of soul refreshing. these days soul searching is nice.
6. SETEM... watch it. such a cool Malaysian Movie. by the same director of Sepi and Cinta. However, there were some cheesy effects stuff i think that should not have been incorporated and there were parts where i thought they should've just ended it. it was kinda anti climax, but nevertheless still interesting.
7. New phone needed... my second phone after i graduated has finally gave up on me. actually i could just repair it as the speaker mic is the only this yang rosak, but i do need a new phone definitely. and hopefully my dad would sell me his. hehehe. and at what a good price too. thanks dad. wait for the pic soon. no no, not an iphone, so far, i've never had a cellphone that costs more than RM1000. highest price so far was RM680. hehe.
8. My Father in law sure knows where the best place to eat. he brought me to eat at this place at Batu Road, called Shanta (however the signboard says Selera Kampung. probably nak jimat duit kot). Regardless what it's called, it's almost always jammed packed with people. and what's so good about it? imagine... a self service Chapati with never endless kuah kari yang gila best. like, i never knew there's such place in the most uncommon places! and i know he knows so much more good places to eat. He's also planning to bring me to eat at Nathan's Fish Head curry somewhere in Sentul ke Selayang. He claims it could be a close rival to my favorite fish head curry in the world, which is obviously KRISHNA baby!!
9. Bintulu get's lonelier everyday.... yes bintulu gets lonelier everyday. my closest friends here are slowly going away, slowly leaving me here till god knows when. the feeling, not fun. but i know He has plans for me. Insya Allah, if ada rezeki, things will start happening, and i'll be closer to my wife. Amin.
10. Legal Antivirus... is just soooo cool. the cool goes up another notch when it's on discount. hahah. and it goes up another notch when it's endorsed by Jackie Chan. hahah. went to the PC Fair last week and it completely blew me off. well i think when i bought this laptop im using now had a cooler setting with speakers just having it's own ballroom, but this was still okay. spent an amount of money i wondered if i needed to anyway. hahahaha.
11. Digital SLR Camera.... contemplating whether i should buy it. especially the fact that these days everyone claims they are innate photographers... so i dont want to be left out. heheh. but seriously, i love the views and all, going to Bali, taking pictures, sadly some of the pics werent really sharp and nice due to my shaking hands aaaaaaand not to mention sometimes the darkness kills you. and the fact that im planning to tavel somewhere with my wife, kinda hoping that i have a nice camera to take nice shots... dont know if my pics are really nice, but oh well... i like it and i hope you love it too.
Well those are my thoughts for now. Will update it weekly based on my offdays from shift. and hope you enjoyed the pictures too =).
Last set of pics... random pics of my trip to Mukah... also a place with a history of trials and tribulations, murder, death and blood due to the Sago plantation. yes... dramatic... but its true....
When there is a gorgeous sunset... you can bet on two things
1. Pictures of people jumping
2. Pictures of people who's hoping they had the pic for an album cover.
we covered all both. who's cool now? snoooort.
i dont know if it's a culture in Mukah, but this Makcik randomly grabbed my camera and looked at it without my consent. totally freaked me out. hahahah. i was just waiting for the moment she takes out a knife and starts stabbing me. ok... that was over the top....
the little girl who has the teeth of steel and thinks the water bottle could be eaten....
when there's a nice lighting spot... there's nice pictures....
loving the Melanau culture... it definitely takes a Malaysian to be Truly asian.... chewah... memang tagline....
my old friend... yes i ate em... just one... just for the dare....