wait, i can do this.... sorry what was i supposed to do again?

Friday, December 29, 2006

Globe Trekker Wannabe....


So what have i done since last thursday??

basically, I met up with my older nephews and cousins, took my friends around KK, and just chilled at home due to my asthma and fever that just seems to pop out at a never better time. oh well... what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

On the day i arrived, got a privilage taking my cool marketing friend, Sese around the KK night life, and just chilled at shanny's and talked.

The next day, took her around KK from one end to another, while we listen to songs, and she help me intepret some cool songs that I've always had some misconception or have always taken for granted.

for example, Bob Marley's 'No Woman, No Cry,'. I know it's a song of revolution, but my interpretation of it was, one of his friends in the government yard in trenchtown, was feeling sad since he was left by a woman. hence, he was trying to console his bud in the midst of the chaos. But actually... my good friend Bob, was actually saying... to a woman... No Woman, No Cry. Or in normal english, oh please dear lady, don't cry. Or in other layman term, woit pompuan bongok... dah tak payah nak nangis... aku sepak kang baru tau (okay... i went too far on the last one). And she was crying due to the revolution... how'd you like that interpretation? Cool huh? And to think I used that song to lift me up when my mind flash through some stupid women I've met in my life. Oh well. But anyway, I really love taking people around KK as much as i can since I really want to leave the best impression i can for them so that they can visit Sabah more often and bring people around and experience its wonders.




Sese and I sharing some gossips and pasta in Little Italy, KK. A nice Italian restaurant. Hey I know it's not really Malaysian... but... it's good food. home made. go try it when you're in KK!!



So, my cool friend Sza-Sza came up to Sabah due to my very convincing persuasion... obviously being left alone in Bintulu is NOT GOOD... especially during the holiday season.

Basically, I went all Ian Wright from Globe Trekker on it. Did my own video travelling documentary on our trip. Had so much fun. We trekked, climbed up some canopy walk, smelled some guano in the bat cave, I walked through a waterfall in my jeans and boots (which was VERY stupid), then after that, drove up to Mt Kinabalu Park, which is registered as one of the World's Heritage, had some nice hot drinks up there, and went down.

Boy was it a rush. I'd love to get into details... but wait till i compile the video properly. Someone please remind me to!! I tend to forget really. hehe.

But for now, please do enjoy the pics of my simple roadtrip with my bud...


Stopping by for some traditional souveys.....



Makcik di kaki gunung....



Being all cowboy at the canopy walk....


checkin out the equipment for some blair witch project shit....


relaxing after the hike and the stupid bruneians who were so fcuking rude on sabahan road. sheesh. Sabah and Sarawakians hate bruneians like West Malaysians hate Singaporeans....



finally relaxing with some hot choc at the base camp....




It was chilly after all....

No comments: