wait, i can do this.... sorry what was i supposed to do again?

Thursday, September 22, 2005

DIVERS INC....

I've been dreaming of this moment probably half of my life, and ive been wanting it more than i could ever imagined when i graduated from RPI. It's one of the rush ive been looking for, the excitement, the danger, my testosterone list, and definitely one of my ways of viewing one of the things Allah has created on this earth. After three days of learning, adventure, sunburn, equalizing my ear, checking out asses as i come up the water from the beach, i have finally completed my courss to be an open water diver. and believe me my friends, insya Allah, i will not stop at open water. my next target is to be an Advanced Open Water diver FOR SSI, that way i could learn how to do a rescue dive, do night dives, and go to further lengths than an open water divers. and honestly, this are one of those times ive never been more confident. when i start work, i'll save money for one dive session at the end of the month.

my first day was boring, just intensive academic course, and sit down watch 5 looong VCDs and do quizzes and tests. it wasnt hard, but it was pretty tedious. but by the second day, things were starting to get pretty interesting. on the first day, i learned how to gear up my divng equipment, my air, my regulators, my BCD, and my favorite part of the whole gear, my wetsuit. honestly, there are only two types of clothing that i am not embarassed at all for wearing, and that is my Abada Capoeira pants, and my Wetsuit. heck, the wetsuit even made me feel like wolverine. aside the sixpacks and the whole cool beard, i was feeling pretty comfortable, and i could even float easily as the suit adds buoyancy. note to everyone, for my next birthday, please buy me a wetsuit, size LARGE. thanks. hehe.

the whole thing was alien at first, i had to start applying all the techniques from what i saw in the VCD, and it was actually quite easy. but i was never comfortable with the fact that i had to purposely fill my mask with all the salt water to simulate if the mask would cease to function properly. my eyes sting. but then things were just getting better and better. the next day was kick ass. we went in for 6-7 meters, and my instructor showed me this clownfish (the fish that was in NEMO), which he calls Mickey. Now mickey is a very cute fish. what happened was my instructor placed a pebble on his hand, and the mickey would start peeking out of his anemone, and looked at it. after that he'll take the pebble away, and place it on the ground. and he did it so many times as well. quite a rush. or so i thought. by the way, on my way to see mickey, my instructor grabbed an ikan sebelah or in english, flounder. i wondered how the hell did he see it. but man, ive always seen these creatures in documentaries. never knew i'd be experiencing it.

finally, during my final dive, at the early part, i saw something ive always wanted to see. a turtle. she was swimming by the corals, and man i was trying to catch it, but here, under the sea, im the turtle, and she's the hare. it was the best rush ive had in weeks. well actually the last rush as when i got to see the fireflies, but not as cool as this one. i was curious, looking aruond for barracudas. but sadly none, my next option would probably be diving at pulau tiga. the island where survivor season 1 was filmed. sigh. i wish i was diving again today, but probably my nitrogen level is high today. anyway... it was great. wish you guys were here....

by the way... im sooo gonna get you....!!!! hehehe. wish i'll be working soon..... sigh.

Membakut... an old style chinese outlet, pretty cool....


on the boat after first dive....


me, zurie (my nephew's cousin), and ben (guy from australia).....


on the way back on the first day.....


mr wolverine in my X-men suit....


me in my scuba gear....


my last dive, still estatic from seeing mister turtle and lil mickey....

No comments: