wait, i can do this.... sorry what was i supposed to do again?

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm updating... with NEWS and Random Thoughts!!!

Hey guys!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I'm really sorry i havent updated for so long!

And now I am updating, i just dont know where to start! I'm quite psyched to talk about everything since Raya last year, but there's just too much to talk about, i cant even keep track. but no worries, i'm gonna make it a point again now. Will make a point to update like usual, Thursday nights.

Last time i thought being on Shift would make it easier for me to update, turns out, that's not the case. I still go to work during my offdays and fall asleep early at nite to wake up early in the morning.

so, here's short random thoughts i can think of now


1. Damn... Abe updates more than i DO!!! now you know you suck at updating blogs when Abe does that. but at least tak seteruk Faidz or Todi.

2. I'm proud to say, i bought 3 items that i've been eying on for the past 3 months, and they are:-

a. Ipod Touch
So looked everywhere for a cheaper ipod touch, of which initially i wanted to buy a Nano. Then, after 3 months of browsing to the point my fiance (yes, take a good look at that word of which i shall explain later), i got an ipod 1st generation, first hand in KK for... now get this.... RM 600!!!! RM 700 including the leather casing. Amazing!! they dont even have that offer in KL and Miri! well... if they did, i couldnt find one. the differencen with 2nd generation is only, 1. it doesnt have speakers 2. the body is flat (i guess the curved one is where the speaker is ) 3. it has an external volume control. oh well.. RM 600 to RM 900 beats all that anytime.

b. Swiss Laptop Bag
I've been browsing for a good laptop bag for 3 months because my old bag was slowly tearing asunder (i dont know if i used that word correctly... haha). i keep seeing this nice reddish black doctor like laptop bag which costs RM 350. I've been eying it since October or maybe even earlier. then... my laptop bag strap broke... and a miracle happened... i went to the same bag, of which no one bought, at the same store, for RM 295!

c. A pair of good running shoes
Well, I remembered last time when i ran with my dear classmate Meredith Langille and she told me i need a good pair of running shoes. one thing i hate about running shoes, they're mad ugly. i was so very loyal with my red walking shoes by Puma which i transformed into a pair of running shoes and lasted for 2 years. So, since mid last year i've been browsing, and since now i got a good pair of walking shoes (my loving adidas hemp sneakers), i decided to buy a good pair of running shoes. guess what i found... 50% off on Reebok's running shoes... RM 120 total. the feeling? AWESOME!

yes... im a guy who takes an average 3 months to buy something after heavy decision... USUALLY. sometimes there are some cases where im unable to filter, and usually it involves people poisoning me to buy it. if you need something, might as well it takes time and heavy consideration.

3. Have you guys heard of Arctic Monkeys?

Well i've been listening to it for a while, and for those who dont know about them, i think it's time i share with them how awesome they are!! seriously, listen to them, fresh, cool, and chilled. I would recommend Mardy Bum, Certain Kind of Romance, Despair in the Departure Lounge, Fake Tales of San Francisco.

Listening to it is just such super bliss and keeps you in the mood. if you havent heard of them, GO!!! the Kooks arent that bad too, but i'm still in all for Arctic Monkeys.

4. IP Man... watch it!

well... first time i saw the name of the movie outside a theater, i thought it was I.P Man. as in, some stupid hong kong comedy called 'Heyyyyy I'm Internet Provider Man! no sweat if you have no reception, IP Man will save the day by applying to you through the legal government process!!'.

Sadly, it wasnt. it was actually a very freaking awesome movie. it's actually chinese pronunciation, Yip-Man. the movie was based on Bruce Lee's Master, Yip-Man, master of Wing Chun Martial arts. the movie wasnt like the typical martial arts movie. it minimizes on the special effects as much as they can to ensure a more gripping and real feel to it. definitely best movie to close with 2008.

here's the coolest thing, Wing Chun was a martial arts that was created by a woman. so, dont under estimate women, and ladies, if Wing Chun can kick ass and have an art under her name, so can you guys.

5. I now have 2 aquariums!

Yes, I have 2 aquarium. it was initially because sometime in November, my house was almost robbed. lucky the police were doing their rounds so they saw our fence were cut open and woke us up. they said we were completely hypnotized like the previous house that was hit before us.

after that, we lived in fear, and yes, sometimes i just dont understand why is would there be people breaking into your house and put you and your family on knife point without any feeling of remorse and yet enjoy while doing it. i curse those people and pray may God teach them one day. yes, bintulu's crime rate these days are crazy with people end up being tied up and their family threatened.

anyway, after that, we tried as much as we can to protect the house with prayers and all, and one of the things people said was, to protect our house from hypnotism, was keep 'ikan puyu' in the house. so, from there, i tried looking for ikan puyu, but in the end, ended up with a 4' x 1' x 2' aquarium with a lots of cute fish and no puyu as the shop there didnt sell any. not long after that, about 1 month after, me an myhousemates bumped into another store that SELLS the puyu, but we also bumped into a huge ass aquarium, about 4' x 2' x 4' 1/2". yeps... it's huge. now we have a huge family in the big ass aquarium, and i have a black and red Oscar Fish, which has evil written all over him. we decide to name him George.

George is awesome, we fed him little fish, big fish, and also, yesterday, i gave him a baby frog. he ate all of them... clean. every time during feeding time, i get excited and i have 'The Eye of the tiger' playing in my head in the background.

btw... we bought the Puyu as well... and dear god... he's ugly. anything it takes to have my house protected.

6. damn i miss my writings....

Dear god, i do miss my writings honestly. without it, i cant create any random thoughts, which means, ive stunted my creativity a bit. i need to write as often as i can and let my thoughts wander effortlessly!

7. anyone watched twilight??

So yes, has anyone watched the movie 'twilight'? i went to watch it without any knowledge and thought the movie was so very very high school-ish....... but then, there were still some characters, some plots, some stories that were left unsaid and unexplained. then i found out it was actually based on a book called 'the twilight saga'.

i wont say it was a bad movie, but it has kept me aching to read the book. but i would say the movie was entertaining and leaves you wanting to know more, hence, i had one of my friends to buy the book in KL, got it today, and going to read it soon. i also heard all of Stephenie Meyers books, the writer of the twilight saga, are all sold out. i was lucky to get it. yes... the madness has been unleashed and now, it starts.

8. I'm gonna climb up Mt Kinabalu for the second time in my life!!

Alrites guys, i climbed it once, and im gonna be climbing it the 2nd time. and honestly, i think this climb is gonna be super difficult! now i'm less fit than i used to be, older, and i do less sports. so, i've been training as much as i can by jogging, hiking, and doing jump ropes as much as i can. it's gonna be ass difficult i know. but i'm going to do my best and get up there the 2nd time, so wish me luck. and this time, the party is about 18 ppl. last time i did it, it was only 5 ppl and we completed it quite fast (as commented by the guide). but... i have to remind myself, this is NOT a race. NOT a race NOT a race. wish me luck guys!

9. Faidz... u ooold

Dude... honestly, i cant believe you're 27, and i cant believe, we're all gonna be 27! crazy. we're getting old ppl... things just gets more complicated, but everyone gets wiser... hopefully. so dude... Happy bday bee-yotch.

10. this is THE news!

SO, here's the BIG news.

I'm now engaged. sorry if most of you guys dont know. i kept it on quite on the low side until im engaged. now everythings good, i would like to invite everyone i know from my times in Sekolah Alam Shah, Uniten, RPI, and now working with a 'company', to my wedding in KK in June. please do buy your tickets now, and having you to my wedding is definitely an honor. please do make it and tell me early on my facebook or msg me on yahoo/msn, or sms/call me if you have my number.

PLEASE do come.

Date : 6th June 2008
Location : Somewhere in Kota Kinabalu Sabah

i know both my fiance and i are very honored to have you as guests, and at the same time coming for my wedding, you can have the time to travel around KK and learn more about this state and the people. there's so many activities to do here, you wont regret it insya Allah.

so please, DATANG!!!!!!!!

Finally... I apologize again i have not been updating for a while, but i would like to thank you so much to everyone who kept reminding me too, and it is such an honor to know that there's actually so many people reading my writings and actually enjoy it. some say it's fresh, some say it's different, i say... thank you. i'm just trying to be myself and make people enjoy reading it at the same time.

Catcha in the next update!!!!!

Here are some pics....



my team got 2nd in a local Paintball competition


see that cool guy on the furthest left... yep... he rocked it....


my team got 2nd in the local Treasure Hunt Competition!! And yes! proof of how good i can look in an afro!!


this is my fiance :)






my engagement....


my loving family, Raya 2008. wonder where i'll be Raya-ing next year. missing them already.




my awesome aquarium....



little orcish george....



ikan puyu's very shy... maybe coz he's ugly....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

fuhh barulah puas hati!!!

hehehhe keep it coming, and congrats!!

lya

iL4na said...

ipeng aku jeles ko naik gunung kinabalu dah. & btw cute fiance!!! and x baik tau panggil ikan puyu ugly sian dia.

keep on writing ipeng!! i just loveee to read your thoughts :)

good luck wedding prep.